Terms & Conditions
Important : When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by email or letter and a deposit or full payment is taken.
Pets : Dogs are welcome on the understanding they are house trained and kept out of bedrooms. While on the estate, dogs must be kept on a lead owing to the presence of sheep and cattle.
Smoking: All properties are non smoking and smokers should ensure all windows and doors are shut while smoking outside the property.
Booking Deposit: A Deposit of 20%, of the Letting fee per property is payable on booking. The balance is due 6 weeks before arrival. If you plan to take your holiday within the ten weeks of your booking date, payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend that you have suitable travel insurance to cover you in the event of cancellation.
Cancellation: We strongly advise that you take out insurance protection against an unavoidable cancellation of your holiday.
If you have booked directly with us and are forced to cancel after booking the following conditions apply:
- If you have booked and paid a deposit: We will attempt to re-let the property. If we successfully re-let the property we will refund 50% of the deposit paid. This would be refunded after the last day of your holiday date.
If we do not re-let the property the full amount of the deposit paid is forfeited.
- If you have booked and paid in full: We will attempt to re-let the property. If we successfully re-let the property, we will refund the full amount of the amount paid by the new customer (the amount paid may have been discounted). This would be refunded after the last day of your holiday date.
If we do not re-let the property the full amount paid is forfeited.
The decision of Cardross Holiday Cottages on all claims will be final.
Letting Payments: The balance payment is due six weeks prior to arrival. Payments: We accept all debit cards, credit cards and cheque with no fee.
If transferring monies between banks incurs charges, you are responsible for all charges.
Number of Persons in Your property: is limited to the number of persons on your booking form. Casual overnight guests are not permitted unless agreed in advance with the management.
Additional Visitors: It is natural for you to want people you know who live locally to visit you while you are here. Please inform us if you are planning to have additional visitors during your stay. This is for safety purposes. Large gatherings whether during the day or the evening are not always suitable and not always permitted.
Sub – letting : The property shall be used for holidays only. No subletting and the number of occupants to be restricted to the number of beds.
Accommodation: We take every care that your property is ready for your arrival. However, in the unlikely event that the property, or its facilities, is damaged by circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to relocate you to another property of similar grading and size. In the event of there being no alternative accommodation, a full refund on your property rental will be given.
- All linen and towels are provided with beds made up for your arrival.
- Arrival time is from 4.00pm. Earlier arrival can be arranged in advance by contacting the estate office.
- Departure time is by 10.00am unless previously arranged.
- On departure, guests will be liable for any cleaning charges incurred in the event that any property is left in a dirty condition.
- Smoking if occupants have been smoking inside the building, or smoking outside with windows open, we reserve the right to make an additional charge.
- Waste. Recycling properly is important at Cardross Estate. Please take extra care to ensure No Glass or Recyclables are placed in these bins as Stirling Council will charge us for any Recyclables going to Landfill and this charge may be passed onto you.
- BBQ’s – £10 per stay with 2 bags of coals.
- non-recycling charges – £10 per bin.
- Firewood or Coal : Each cottage has been supplied with sufficient fuel for three evening fires. Additional fire fuel can be purchased from Cardross Estate at £6 a bag.
Accessibility: Being old properties, the cottages are not suitable for wheelchair users.
Groups Group bookings are at our discretion but unlikely for Stag or Hen parties, or large single sex groups or groups of under 25’s.
Safety: Whilst we have attempted to make the cottages at Cardorss as safe as possible, there are natural hazards associated with a rugged Highland location such as this. Responsibility for your well being (and that of any of your children) lies with you.
Damage, Loss and Nuisance: We reserve the right to refuse admission to any or all guests for any just reason. Similarly, we reserve the right to evict offensive persons.
No refunds will be made. The hirer agrees to pay for any damage or loss, excluding reasonable wear and tear, incurred during their occupation. We reserve the right to make charges against deposits or payment cards or to invoice for over occupancy, additional cleaning or damages.
Vehicles: Cars, vans, bicycles, trailers and their accessories and contents are left entirely at their owners’ risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage thereof or thereto from any cause whatsoever.
VAT: VAT is included at 20% in all our prices. However we reserve the right to change the prices should the VAT rate change.